Life Lately | February 15th |
February 15, 2013 § Leave a comment
When I first started doing these Life Lately posts, life was utterly chaotic, and they served as a really good way for me to slow down and sort of re-group on the week. I never imagined though, that I’d sit down to write one of these posts and the only thing that would come to mind would be- life has simply been hard, lately.
A very significant member of my family passed away last week. It’s the kind of event where when it first happens, blogging makes no sense at all. I went back and forth on whether or not I would say anything on CC. The blog is such a big part of my life, but somehow sharing this event here didn’t seem appropriate. But then as the days went by blogging seemed like more of a lifeline, something that would push me to stay creative and actually help keep my spirits up. I love hearing from you guys and knowing how much you get from CC, but selfishly I think I’m the one that benefits the most! Being able to cook, create, and share my life with you in this way is such a privilege.
As hard as this week has been it’s made me so incredibly thankful for the people I do still have in my life. Throw in lots of good food cooked by my mom and things aren’t half bad. Here are a few things online that have also made me smile:
- Joy’s blog tips are the best blog tips.
- Two things I love: Jeanine’s blog Love & Lemons, and granola. A granola recipe by Jeanine? This cannot be beat.
- Jacquelyn of Lark & Linen did an amazing round up of cozy throws. Cozy is totally one of my favorite words.
- I can’t decide which I like more- the recipe for a simple radish appetizer Becca shared, or the darling illustration that goes with it!
- This recent article in NYT (found via Cup of Jo) about trends in people binge watching TV is so fascinating. What shows have you done it with? Mine are Homeland and Parenthood as of late. Thinking Downtown Abby needs to be next…
- I’m on the prowl for a new pair of jeans and can’t decide between this Current/Elliot pair or this one. Thoughts? What jean brands do you love?
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! xx