Life Lately | March 1st |
March 1, 2013 § Leave a comment
It’s amazing what a night with old friends and a few bottles of good wine will do for your mood! Seriously, people. Last night I got together with some of my closest gal pals from college and it was the perfect way to round out a somewhat stressful week. Despite the stress though- there was a lot of good! Here’s what went down:
- Trust me when I say the road to your significant other’s heart is through these Baked Crispy Hot Wings. They also happen to be easiest thing in the world to make- a total win win.
- I finally snagged myself one of Meg’s adorable “Lover” sweatshirts. Have you checked out her line- Manifesto Ts? So impressive. Cannot wait for mine to arrive!
- A co-worker had a birthday this week, but instead of whipping up a dessert, I thought an indulgent breakfast would be a nice change. I made Joy’s Brown Butter Blueberry Muffins (recipe also on Shutterbean) and they were beyond words deeelicious.
- Wednesday’s Biz Notes topic on balancing career and motherhood was something I’ve been wanting to cover for a long time. I’m so glad I finally got around to it- and loving the discussion that ensued even more!
- Hmmm clearly a pretty major cooking week- I also made Captain Crunch Granola, inspired by Ms. Madison of Espresso and Cream. The recipe gets its name from the honey and coconut oil flavor combo. This was my first time using coconut oil in granola and I absolutely loved the result. It smelled and tasted amazing, and felt a whole lot better than just using regular vegetable oil.
- I often feel like my Instagram photos are kinda so so, but I was pretty darn pleased with this one I snapped during a breakfast meeting at the Nomad Hotel. How gorgeous are those cups and saucers?
- We finally ate at The Commodore– a complete dive bar in Williamsburg that serves the most amazing Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches and garlicky sautéed kale. Yes- dive bars in Williamsburg serve kale. The chicken was also organic. I heart Brooklyn.
I’m looking forward to a weekend filled with lots of TV catch up time, a few hours curled up with some news reads, and a few get togethers with dear friends. Hope yours is wonderful! xx
Ps: How is it already March? But also, can it please be spring already?
Image via wit + delight