Life Lately | March 22nd |
March 22, 2013 § Leave a comment
The last week has taken me from NYC to New Mexico, to Arizona, and now to Chicago! Not gonna lie, it was pretty tough going from 80+ degrees to 30 and below. I’m in Chicago for work but am having fun meeting up (and crashing with!) a few blog friends. That said, I cannot wait to get home. The last few weeks have involved so much running around and with warmer temps on the horizon, I couldn’t be happier to have zero weekend plans (outside the city), for the next few weeks. I’m looking forward to lots of gym time, home cooked meals, and dinner parties. In the mean time, here’s what went down this week:
- Did you catch our recipe over on the Glitter Guide? We put together a Toasted Quinoa & Pear Salad that is seriously out of this world.
- One of our favorite bloggers, Sarah of A House in the Hills, made the most stunning roasted garlic hummus. Can’t wait to try this recipe.
- Jen of Peanut Butter Runner wrote a great post on taking the bitter with the sweet in life. Such a good reminder to focus on the positive stuff amidst the negative.
- Tracy threw a chocolate tasting party. I would have flown to CA for that!
- Emily linked to this amazing piece on 19 Things to Stop Doing in Your Twenties. I really need to work on numbers 1, 10, and 15.
- What are you guys making for breakfast this weekend?? I’d recommend these biscuits, or this tart cherry granola, or this spinach in puff pastry dish.
- Did you guys catch Lauren’s piece this week? She showed us how to effortlessly dress for a spring brunch and gave us the recipes to go with. Have we mentioned how much we love this girl?
- And lastly, the Glitter Guide put together this awesome guide for spring cleaning in one day. I can’t wait to get home and implement some of these tips myself!
Here’s to a wonderful weekend. Be sure to follow along on Instagram as I document my adventures throughout the windy city! xx