Life Lately | June 21st |
June 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
Happy first day of summer, friends! Normally this day comes and it only leaves me feeling left behind, like I haven’t fully embraced summer just yet and I’m running out of time. But this year? It’s been full on summer in the works around here. Outdoor dinners, evening walks around the neighborhood, our fair share of dollar oyster and cocktail happy hours… all good stuff. I could also dub the summer season as “wedding season” (likely the same for many), and that portion of the fun kicks off this weekend in Virginia wine country. In the mean time, here’s a look back (via instagram), at when went down this week:
1. Dinner at Pies n’ Thighs on Sunday. There’s something about Sundays that just make me crave a chicken biscuit. Omgsogood.
2. Kicked off the week with a blogger dinner party with Hitha, Victoria, Becca, and Lisa– so fun! Naturally food pics were necessary- Victoria gets it done, quite literally. I made this watermelon and feta salad.
3. A killer weeknight dinner- BLTs with avocado and lemony arugula.
4. I don’t discount shop at H&M or Forever 21, I am ALL about Target. I’m obssesed with this flowy floral top – perfect for summer.
5. This pretty much sums up the sunsets we’ve had all week.
6. Whipped up some super simple but delicious ice cream sandwiches for the Glitter Guide.
7. On our way to dinner at Willow Road in Chelsea. It was such a gorgeous night.
8. I’ve been all about reading magazines on our sunny patio- one of my favorite parts of the season thus far.
9. A little bit of a throw back- last Sunday we visited my family’s old house in Brooklyn (Fort Greene). Isn’t it gorgeous? There were two little kids playing in the backyard which made me so nostalgic.
And that about does it! Follow along at ‘channelingcontessa‘ to see all my weekend adventures via instagram, it’s sure to be a good one! xx