Life Lately | August 2nd |
August 2, 2013 § Leave a comment
What are you up to this weekend? I’m so ready for a weekend at home! Tonight we’re doing the fried chicken dinner at Momofuku, and on Sunday I’m finally checking out this gorgeous pool in our neighborhood. Aaand they’ll likely be a Soul Cycle class throw in. I’ve yet to try the studio in Williamsburg. In the mean time, here are few fun links and thoughts from my week:
- Loved this Huffpost Healthy Living piece on the 8 Habits of Insanely Fit People. My favorites are that they get enough sleep and don’t follow a diet.
- Speaking of not being on a diet, this Stovetop Buffalo Chicken Shells and Cheese has me drooling. Have we talked about my addiction to buffalo sauce?
- Did you catch the July edition of On Our Bookshelf? There are some really great reads, but I couldn’t go today without telling you how much I’m loving my current read- Daring Greatly– which was on Lauren’s list back in March. It’s really given me a newfound sense of courage when it comes to my work and life overall.
- I love everything in Max Wanger’s print shop but this shot of New York needs to be mine.
- M.M. LAFLEUR is coming out with “the Clara” dress and I could not be more excited! More pics to come on this. The unique cut of the sleeves is my favorite part.
- Interesting perspective on How E-mail is Swallowing Our Lives and how inefficient it can be (found via Victoria). A good reminder of the magic of doing one thing at a time.
- I had the pleasure of attending Beauty Editor’s Day at Saks yesterday in order to raise funds for Look Good Feel Good, an organization that works to improve the quality of life and self esteem of people undergoing cancer treatment. Pretty amazing, right? Huge thanks to Ladies’ Home Journal for having me!
- Aaand did ya hear how Pinterest has added a sales alert functionality? That means they’ll notify you if a product you’ve pinned goes on sale. I’m so ready to start pinning looks for fall and then waiting for the sales to trickle in 🙂
And with that I’m off to a slew of meetings before starting my weekend. The summer is flying! Hope you make the most of yours. xx